Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A little quiet time bloggin'

Good news guys! Jesse got another job interview FINALLY!! All these job apps with no call backs has been quite discouraging, it's just nice to hear SOMEthing back from someone. And this job is a good one. I really hope he gets it. Please pray. The interview is Oct 29th and it's for a Child Protective Services worker with the City of Portsmouth. It's right up Jesse's alley being that he's super protective of his own kids and has worked in the mental health field for the past 6 years. The children of Portsmouth would be in good hands with the Jess man working for them.

And lately, I've been trying to take more of the initiative to get together with other people....yes, those other than myself, the kids, and Jesse. It's been nice. Yesterday was highlighted by a trip to our city's most esteemed mound of trash....Mt. Trashmore. It's actually a nice park that used to a be a landfill, so don't get all grossed out if you're not familiar with the area ;o) Me and the kiddos met my friend Lindee, her hubby, and two chillins up there for a picnic lunch and playtime for the kids. Eve and David passed out afterward which was super nice of them since I was about to die of a heat stroke. It was HOT HOT HOT outside yesterday, but so nice!! Loved it. So I guess my point was that I'm trying to get out more. Yay for not being a hermit mommy!!

Oh, I forgot to tell about our most recent trip to BJ's wholesale club......our damage you ask?? Over $350!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??? I was like HOLY COW!!!! All we got was food and other basic necessities like toilet paper, Tylenol, Metamucil (You know, us preggers need that stuff), laundry detergent, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, baby wipes etc.... All stuff we needed, but DANG!!!! That's a lot of money for some po folks like us. At least we'll have full tummies for a while. Last night I made dinner......Parmesan and breadcrumb crusted Italian dressing chicken with garlic asparagus. Healthy and tasty and didn't cost $30 at a restaurant. Nice.

David just recently started babbling and saying "da da da da da da!!" It's so cute!! He's got this soft high pitch voice that sounds OH so girlish, but I guess all babies sound the same when they first start talking. And on his 8 month b-day he got up on all fours by himself for the first time!! He's going to be crawling in no time. Better make sure we're David-proof really soon!!

And the other night Miss Eve Rene was put to bed and decided that she had "slept good" after about 20 min. She proceeded to get out of her bed with all her kitties in hand, she managed to get out of her room despite the child proof door knob cover, and was at the top of the stairs holding said cats in a matter of seconds. My heart skipped a beat when I heard thumping in the upstairs hallway and I almost died when I saw her at the stop of the stairs. She could have fell down those stairs so easily holding all those stuffed cats!!! I'm glad my mommy reflexes are like that of a ninja because I was up those stairs and scooped her up before she could take the first step down the stairs. We are now officially closing the gate at the top of the stairs at night for our peace of mind. The only way I can think that she got out is that Jesse didn't shut her door all the way when he put her to bed. Scary. Cute, but that is NOT happening again.

Ok, I think that about sums it all up!! Happy Birthday Teresa!!

1 comment:

Sterling Dawn said...

those wholesale clubs always seem to drag every dime from my wallet! the cart transforms into a bottomless pit of x-large items. then it hardly ever fits in the trunk...