Friday, July 3, 2009

Wonderful day!

Today has been one of those just really great all around good days. We went to the pool to hang out/swim/grill out with our friends Laurie and Topher today. David was kind enough to nap for the first two hours or so that we were there so Eve and I got in some good pool time before he woke up. Jesse came too, but refused to get in the water. He just sat in the lounge chair with my bathing suit cover up over his head looking like a Middle Eastern man.

We had burgers and hot dogs (turkey for us of course!) and then some yummy fruit popsicles. It was fun to watch Eve eat one all by herself without worrying about her making a royal mess. I still can't figure out how the bottom of her bathing suit got all dingy. I know she didn't do a number two...or at least I'm pretty sure. Oh well! If she did, it disintegrated into the pool water. I'm sure the chlorine took care of it!!

We got home and both of the kids took a nice nap. I got a nice shower. David woke up, ate, got a bath, and is sleeping AGAIN! I love it!! And last night Mr. David slept from about 8:15pm til 7am without making a peep!! It was awesome!! It took about 5 months, but he's finally getting the hang of this "sleeping all the way through the night" thing.

Sorry, no pictures from today. I was too busy enjoying myself. I think sometimes we are so busy trying to get that "perfect shot" that we forget to have fun. I'm glad I didn't worry about taking pictures today. And I think we have the tendency to go overkill sometimes on the pictures. Now that digital technology is mainstream, people take hundreds of pictures in one day!! I remember when I was a kid (haha....sounding old!!) I took my camera with me to camp with one roll of film. And that was it. No more. I think I might have taken an extra roll a few times, but even so, that's a max of about 50 pictures for the whole week. I know I've been guilty of snapping 50 in about 30 minutes before!!

Ok, I'm getting off my soap box. Back to a little relaxation before our Young Adult Group meeting (aka YAMS). Yet another great part of a wonderful day!!

And tomorrow......BEACH!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!!

No comments: