Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lost and found....oh and a spider built a web in our toilet bowl....

Yeah, seriously....gross. Does that tell you something? Jesse needs to clean the bathrooms REAL bad. That's his job. My domain is vacuuming/dusting/wiping down of stuff. Not scrubbing tubs, sinks, and nasty toilets. I did enough of that growing up and had to clean up after my brother. I'll never forget the time....well, maybe I shouldn't go into that one since my brother has a serious girlfriend now. It's a tad embarrassing.

So anyway, this little spider managed to build a lovely little web in our downstairs toilet. I really don't know how that's possible being that I pee there about 15 times a day. Talented spider. Anyway, I'm sure he's putting all those childhood swim lessons to use as he is swimming around in the local sewer system right now. Thank you plunger.

So today this nice young guy came over to inspect the Jetta since we are going to turn in back into the dealer. He said everything looked good except we owed $43 and some change for a missing hub cap. I was like, "what?" And he was like "what?" No, not really. He just showed me that the front passenger hub cap was missing. I was sort of shocked and surprised to see that I had been driving around in a completely ghetto fabulous car today. Nothing looks better than a nice vehicle missing one hub cap. Anyway, I called Jesse and sent him on a search. It had to be somewhere between our place and my mom's place. No luck.

I also called the place that installed two used tires on our Jetta yesterday to inform them that they must have not properly installed our hub caps. They were more than gracious and offered to reimburse for a new one, but wanted to see if they could get us a better deal. On the way home, I spotted a hub cap!! I pulled over, put my flashers on, got out and snatched it up. The whole time I was hoping and praying it was ours since it was lying face down on Lynnhaven Pkwy. By the way, it had apparently jumped the median and was on the side of the road that I was driving home on. It must of flown off!! I can't believe I didn't even notice it.

So anyway, I was glad to have found that thing. It was very gratifying to find something that was considered lost and unlikely to be found. I mean, what are the odds of finding a hub cap that could have come off anywhere? Those things can travel quite a distance and land in a ditch or something.

So this evening, you would think that I would be happy. I mean, great day right? Spider web in the jon and I found the lost hub cap. But no. Not happy. Our financial situation is getting scarier and scarier each month. I try not to worry, but I just had another meltdown. That's two nights in a row. Pretty awesome. I LOVE having mental breakdowns. If only I could be so lucky as to find a winning lotto ticket on the side of the road....

No comments: