Thursday, July 30, 2009

Time out

Those two words I swear I say at least 20 plus times a day!! Grrrr!! Don't get me wrong, Eve is a good girl, but she just loves to push the limits...and that doesn't fly over here. But no matter how many times I put her in time out, she still gives me kisses and hugs at bedtime....LOVE it!

So I'm sitting here waiting on my chocolate eclair cake filling to thicken. I don't know what's up with it! I made it according to the recipe I have used 10 times before. OH well, if it doesn't turn out quite right, I know Miranda will still eat it!! haha.

So I'm proud of myself for being a good wife. I have made dinner almost every night that we're home lately!! That's a HUGE accomplishment for me since I hardly ever cooked before. Not that I can't, or don't like to, but because it's a juggling act trying to find the time, motivation, energy in between diaper changes, taking Eve to the potty 20 times a day, bottle feedings, time outs, and random toddler messes. For all of you moms that have just always done it, KUDOS to you. I'll even throw in a cookie. It's tough!

OK, back to chocolate eclair cake making....oh, and it's not really a cake per se. It's more like a dessert casserole. Super easy to make only 5 ingredients.


CHOCOLATE ECLAIR CAKE

2 sm. pkgs. vanilla instant pudding (I use sugar free/fat free)
3 c. milk1 (8 oz.)
Cool Whip1 pkg. (I use cool whip free/ no fat or sugar!)
graham crackers (I use Low fat Honey grahams)
1/2 tub Chocolate icing (I use 50% less sugar)

Make vanilla pudding with just 3 cups of milk. Mix Cool Whip with pudding. Layer in a 9 x 13 inch pan as follows: (I put a think layer of cool whip mixture on the bottom to make the grahams stick better) layer whole graham crackers, then 1/2 Cool Whip mixture, then layer graham crackers, then other 1/2 of Cool Whip mixture, then top with graham crackers (one layer). Frost with chocolate frosting for Eclair Cake.

1 comment:

Sterling Dawn said...

my mailbox awaits this lovely treat. thanks.