Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Weekly Update

It seems that I am only able to get on here about once a week or so go blog. I'm sorry. I think about it every day, but then I always have something else to do. So let's see....here's the update on the last week since I haven't blogged:

1. Sunday before last we had our picture taken at church for the directory. It turned out ok except Eve's dress was twisted halfway around her body. Why don't photographers notice that stuff before they take the picture?? We tried again to get a good shot with her dress on straight, but no luck. Oh well, such is life with a 2 year old and 6 month old. Unpredictable.

3. We visited Jesse's family who had not seen David since he was born. Well, his mom, brother Johnny, and our nephew Justin had, but no one else. We had a great time, chilled over at Jeremy and Jessica's. Eve even had a great nap over there which is weird. She never naps at other people's house except my parent's house. Anyway, I learned never to ask an 8 year old to watch a 6 month old. Scary.

2. While we were over my parents house this weekend, Eve was playing in the pool. She discovered that it is way more fun to slide down "backsards".

3. I love how Eve says, "I pooped gas." Priceless!!

4. We had a double doc appt. I decided that it was much more efficient and time-saving to schedule both the kids' doctor's appts together. Eve was a little over 2 years, but it didn't matter. They both got shots, cried, then Eve had to get her finger pricked to check her iron level AND get a chest X-ray to rule out heart and/or lung problems that could contribute to her lack of weight gain. Everything was fine. I knew she was fine. If you get to see her for 5 minutes you can tell she is a smart, articulate, healthy little girl. She just only weighs 21 lbs and 4 oz, but she's all energy ALL the time. Mr. David is already 16 lb 13.5 oz. He's slowly gaining on his sis. Anyone want to make a bet as to when he'll meet her weight??

5. Had my 2nd OB visit yesterday. Heard the heartbeat for the first time! It was between 155 and 160. I think it's a girl!! I weighed in at 133 lbs. I asked what I weighed at the same week last pregnancy....127. Not too bad I suppose considering that I still had about 6 lb left to lose before I got pregnant this time. We shall see how much weight I gain this time. I should post a pregnancy weight meter or something. I usually get up to about 158-160ish. Anyone wanna take a gander at what my final weight will be? Go ahead, you won't insult me. It's all going to go anyway after I get this baby out. I'll be a woman on a mission!

6. Jesse and I went to help our good friends Laurie and Topher hang their new ceiling fan. Yes, my husband is a handy man. He is for hire if you are interested!! (Just joking, but not really if you are willing to pay him lots of money!!) Then we hung out by the pool for a while. Eve got to "sim, sim" and I got to get some sun sun. For some reason, Miss Eve will talk about Topher constantly when we're not around him, but then avoid him like the plague when we're around him. She finally warmed up to him near the end of our visit, but let him know a few times when he got too close. She reacts to him in much the same way that kids react to Santa. Awe and wonder....at a distance. She's too funny.

7. I spent all morning trying to figure out this software that converts VHS to DVD's and FINALLY figured that thing out! Oh my goodness!! I was on the phone with tech support about 5-6 times and had to uninstall and reinstall everything twice and reinstall a patch twice!! Grrr!! I hate spending half the day focusing on one aspect of something. Once we got it working, we were able to capture two VHS videos onto my computer. We just can't burn them to DVD until we get some compatable DVD's. It doesn't work with the mini DVD's. Boo. Anyway, I'm excited about converting all our cruddy VHS's to DVD and creating menus and chapters, etc.... Exciting!!

8. I LOVE coconut M&M's!!

9. Jesse had a job interview last Friday which went quite well....waiting to hear back SOON!! If he gets the job he will have to go for training for a whole week in SC. Boo for that, but yay for money and paying the bills!! Please pray!!

10. As I was giving David his medicine this morning, I noticed he was gagging on it a bit more than usual. He takes Prevacid which has to be compounded. That means they literally take it in pill form, grind it up, then mix it into a liquid suspension to the right dosage, then flavor it so it doesn't taste like a bitter nasty pill. Well, it took me a while to realize, but THEY FORGOT THE FLAVOR!! Poor David. That stuff is nasty with the flavor, but SUPER DUPER nasty without. Ew. Taking that stuff back to Walgreens tomorrow to get some bubble gum added.

11. Oh yeah!! Jesse got pooped on finally!! haha. Not by a bird, but by David of course! Now we have both been hazed.


Ok, so that's about all I can remember right now. I'll try to be better about this blogging thing. I will make an effort to post something every day, even if it's just a line or two.

No comments: