Sunday, June 7, 2009

We took the plunge!!


Yes, we are now the proud owner of a Dark blue 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan with Stow and Go seating and built in car seats (man those things are super cool to have!!) I am amazed at the upgrade in space that we now have. No more having only 1/5 of the trunk for groceries and other necessities. No more only having room for one extra passenger unless we strip out the car seats. No more having to get out of the car in the rain just to unstrap Eve from her car seat. No more sacrificing my space in the passenger seat just so David's car seat can be properly installed. No more worrying about how the heck three car seats are gonna fit in the back seat of a 5 passenger sedan. Whoo hoo!! I am super excited about this purchase. We are planning on turning the Jetta back into the dealership unless we can find someone who wants to purchase it for more than what our payoff is. I have serious doubts we'll find someone, but if you know someone in the market for a 2005.5 NEW Jetta with 2.5 liter, 5 cylinder engine, leather/heated seats, automatic rain sensing windshield wipers (those things are NICE!!), dual temp control, 5 disc CD changer, and HUGE trunk (although not big enough for 3 kids worth of stuff), let me know!!!

So I guess I'm about 6.5 weeks along now and I haven't taken a single pregnancy pic yet. I really have no desire to this time around, but Jesse tells me I have to. He's the pregnancy historian. He has even dug pregnancy tests out of the trash to take pictures of them. Yeah....weirdness.

Oh!! David is cutting his first tooth already!! He's only 4.5 months and already working on one of his bottom middle teeth!! He's running about 2 months ahead of Eve's tooth cutting schedule, but it makes sense since he looks like a 6 month old baby already. At his 4 month visit he weighed 14 lb 12 oz which sounds like a lot, but only puts him slightly over the 50th percentile for weight. It's the head circumference and his length that makes this boy look huge. He's 75th percentile for both of those!! So I've got a big headed tall little man. That's fine by me. He's going to be super smart and tall, I just know it!! haha.

And for those of you who read my post about the speck in Eve's eye and then the subsequent post about how everything is OK....well, she's going to have to have the rust ring removed probably on Thursday. Jesse noticed that there was still something in her eye on Thursday so we got a same day appt with the eye doc and sure enough, she will have to have it removed at CHKD on Thursday morning some time. They normally do this sort of procedure in the office, but for a child Eve's age, she will not sit still while they drill a tiny section of her cornea out like adults do. So, Eve will have to be put to sleep for just a minute so they can do just that. Poor girl. They would have to put me to sleep too!! No one's coming at my eye with anything resembling or sounding like a drill!!! So keep little Eve Rene in your prayers. She has no clue what they are going to do, which is probably a blessing. I just don't want the girl to get a phobia of doctors or hospitals. And I pray that she doesn't even realize what they did and that her eye heals quickly.

1 comment:

Gidget said...

oh my ...poor Eve