Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hot or cold? I have NO idea anymore!!

Yeah, that's me. I'm either hot or cold. And no, I'm not speaking in Christianese. I'm talking pregnancy hormones are on the loose! I'm either sweating to death or my feet and hands are so cold they feel like popsicles. Right now I'm the later.

BREAKING POTTY NEWS: Eve Rene went poo poo on the potty like a big girl this morning!!

Ok, back to the mundane that is my life. I think it's funny how our apartment is generally clean downstairs and both of the kid's rooms are usually clean, but if you ever go in our bedroom. Oh my!! It's awful!! I'm embarrassed. And I have no idea why it has to be like that. Mabye if we started fixing the bed that would help.

Right now Eve is singing "Fruit salad, yummy, yummy!" while rubbing her tummy. It's so cute. She has recently started singing words to songs instead of just dancing to the videos. She's turning into a regular Baby Idol over here. And now she has went from singing to doing situps with her daddy all while wearing her white Easter hat. Now she is helping him count. "Eighteen, Eighteen!! She's good all the way up to 10, but after that everything 's eighteen.

Oh, I almost forgot that yesterday me, my mom, and the kids went up to the Dodge dealership to get a tire plugged. I was thinking 30 minutes maybe. We were there for over two hours!! We were both on the verge of insanity. At least Eve and David were pretty good, but I was dying of a heat stroke in the waiting area and was not to happy to have discovered a fist-sized ding in the driver side sliding door near the bottom. That was the first thing the mechanic pointed out. He said, "See that damage?" I was like, "What damage?" He said, "I just don't want to get blamed for that." I was thinking....we drove the car home on Sat, on Sun morning there was a nail in the tire and it was going flat, and now a dent??!! What??!! And then we had to wait longer for the tire because they had to replace it since it was in the side wall. At least we got the tire for free as a courtesy since the nail was probably in the tire at the time of purchase. And they are fixing the dent for free as well. I guess I can be pretty intimidating when I want to be. haha. Me? Intimidating? That's hilarious, but hey....they don't know me. I could go all kung fu on them for all they know.

But for real, they were all really nice about taking care of everything free of charge. I was relieved. Greenbrier Dodge people are good people.

So lately the reality of how common miscarriage is has been on the forefront of my mind. There are two people that I know who have either had one in the last month or are about to. My heart goes out to these ladies. Not all of you know this, but when I found out I was pregnant this last time, I prayed for a miscarriage. It was my selfish way of asking God to let me get on with my life and my desire to not disappoint my parents. Although I realized at the time that my thoughts were irrational and the result of a stressful situation, I now realize how completely self absorbed they were. When it is all said and done, Jesse and I are so blessed to have our children. Even though we will have three children under the age of three and we will probably be pulling our hair out at times (well at least me), it's going to be so worth it.

I am glad to be on the other side of those feelings and I am actually starting to think about the baby as a baby and not a hinderance.

Psalm 127:3-5
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

No comments: