Friday, May 15, 2009

I love you Jesse Robert Wallace!

Five years ago today, I married my husband of five years. Little did I know that the road we would take would sometimes resemble a rollar coaster, but in the end we have a wonderful marriage that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world and two beautiful children to show for it. I am so proud to say that we have made it through the first five years. Many marriages don't make it through the first five months anymore. It feels so great to know that we have persevered through difficult times as well as rejoiced in the good times. I'll be the first person to admit that our marriage isn't perfect, but if you know someone's who is...well it probably isn't!! Out of everything I know for a fact that God is a God of miracles and if he can work the miracle that he did in our lives, he can do it for you. I hope and pray that our marriage can serve as a testimony to others who think they are ready to give up. The grass is not greener and nothing is more blessed or wonderful than the covenant of marriage. I wake up every day knowing that no matter how nasty or horrible of a person I am that day, that Jesse will love me regardless. I wish that for everyone on our anniversary day. Be reminded that God loves us when we are unlovable and that is how love in a marriage should be and can be.

1 Corinthians 13
1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Robbie Jones said...

Wow! Great blog and so much truth. Thank you for sharing your heart, and so many of us are so proud of both you and Jesse. You do have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on five years--passes by so fast, huh?! Adam and I have been married for 5 1/2 already...feels like we only just started dating!... sometimes. :)