Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Milestones, New Roomies

Happy New Year to everyone. I know it's a little late and I've been REALLY bad about blogging lately, but just know that I've been doing good just to get through the day these days. I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy the last few days before I once again embark on that journey of having YET another infant.

On New Years Eve, Jesse and I went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Macaroni Grill, and then went to see Invictus together. Nice date if you ask me. Not a bad movie either. We then gathered up the kids and went home only to be asleep by 11pm. Sad, huh? Well, the kids don't really care what day it is, they wake up the same time every day.....which is usually around 6:30-7ish OR whenever they want basically. So, with that said, Jesse and I don't like functioning on sleep deficits, so we wisely went to bed.

New Years Day we celebrated my mom's 50th birthday. I can't believe she is now five whole decades old!! I remember when my brother was born and my mom was about the same age I am now. Crazy to think that. Now look where life has brought all of us. I'm about to have three kids of my own and Andrew is a working man with a steady girl. I'm still waiting on him to get hitched and make some babies so I can tease them a bit. Just a little bit ;o)

So last night I finally got the room situation under control....moved all of David's crib bedding and decor into Eve's room and started fixing up Sarah's room (David's old room). Jesse and I were brave enough to try the kiddos out in the same room and guess what??? They slept great together!! Aside from the fact that Eve wanted to be awake as soon as David was when she would usually sleep a little later, we have no major glitches. David cried out once, which made Eve cry, but they both stopped by themselves within about 20 seconds and all was silent until 7pm. Amazing. Thank you Jesus. May there be many more peaceful nights of sleep for the babes and the buds. (those are their nicknames if you didn't know). At least SOMEbody should be getting good sleep after Sarah comes, and I just couldn't subject either one of them to the torture of hearing a little baby cry every 3-4 hours.

The tree is down and all is quiet, peaceful, and roomy in the Wallace house.

Until morning.......

No comments: