Thursday, December 10, 2009

I have a little girl now!

OK, so I've recently come to the realization that I no longer have a baby girl. She is definitely reached "little girl" status. Gone are the days of talking about stuff around her that she doesn't understand because this girl picks up on EVERYthing. She's got such the personality too! I can't help but brag about her because she surprises me every day with the things she says and does. I need to write things down more often because she'll do something and I'll think to myself, "I need to remember that one" and then the moment passes. I need to make more of an effort to record some of her girlish shenanigans. They are truly hilarious.

Now I would like to give myself some props. I rarely do this, but in this case I think it is well-deserved. OK, here goes..... I have managed to cook dinner (and good stuff too) for over a week now!! And it's not that hard to do!! A little pre-planning goes a long way. And I am so grateful for all of the yummy recipes I have tried recently that were sent by my MOPS family. Thanks to everyone. And if you have a recipe you'd like me to try and blog about, leave me a comment. Just one stipulation. It must not include any red meat or pork or must be substitutable with chicken and/or ground turkey. Jesse and I don't eat red meat or pork, not because of religious or moral reasons.....just to be healthy. And the weird thing about it is that we were both already eating that way before we met. How strange is that?? For two, non-red meat or pork-eating people to meet, fall madly in love (OK, it wasn't quite like that, but close) and marry is just too much of a funny coincidence.

But! if you wanna get on the moral bandwagon, one could argue that by eating cows, you are increasing the demand for cow meat, thus the demand for cows and cow farms which are big methane gas producers. And for those of you who think you are saving the planet by driving a hybrid.....read this.

OK, sorry to all of the red meat and pork eaters out there who feel a bit bashed. By no means is that my intention. Just raising awareness. And by the way, I think hybrids are great. Keep driving ;o)

1 comment:

Sterling Dawn said...

might i add that david seems to be growing at an alarming rate and that he'll be in the little boy stage before we know it. THIS MAKES ME INCREDIBLY SAD AND EXCITED AT THE SAME TIME!! i can't believe how fast they grow.

love you.