Monday, September 21, 2009

Back on the bloggin' wagon

Ok, I'm back after a very long absence. I can't exactly say why...maybe it's a combination of vacation, vacation recovery, husband sickness, self sickness, and Eve Rene sickness, antibiotics....you get the picture.

So in the last month I managed to turn 28 years old. I guess I'm doing pretty good to already be on child #3 by 28. I always said I wanted to have all my kids by 30, so I just might accomplish that goal!! I just need to get back on this dissertation bandwagon too so I can finish school. It's sooooo hard with these two kids to muster up the motivation to lock myself in the bedroom or work on super boring literature review stuff after the kids go to bed when I am already exhausted from the day and this pregnancy.

Jesse's job hunt continues. So frustrating. It's a very long waiting game just to hear back from places. So far only one return call from a potential employer which culminated in a good interview, but no job offer. I don't get it because my husband is well qualified to do a number of jobs, but either the jobs aren't available due to hiring freeze or he never gets contacted. Mind you, he has followed up with each place numerous occasions with the "You'll get a call if you qualify" or "Don't call us, we'll call you" routine. So let me just get this out.....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ok, back to my birthday. It was nice. Just family, food, and chocolate lasagna!! Mmmmm.... Here is a list of the goods I got:

Birthday breakfast from the hubby
My 1st Vera Bradley purse from Jesse (the diaper bag does not constitute a purse)
Hollister perfume so I can smell like Katy
Lots of cash & checks (Thanks Mom, Nanny, Granny, & JuJu)
Birthday dinner & visit from JuJu
Avon perfume (Abssynthe)
Cool sweaters from Mom
Some makeup
A Book from Maurie & Opher with some Soccer Mom family stickers for the Van ;o)
A card from Sterling
3 more Vera Bradley purses plus a matching wallet purchased post b-day with b-day $$$$
Dress from Target for $6.25 plus a lovely brown cardigan also purchased with b-day $$$$
Some chocolate covered Starbucks coffee beans from Sherry. Made my Sunday morning!

I think I covered everything. If I left anything out, sorry!! I loved everything. Thanks for all the b-day wishes too.

Oh, cute little story: While Jesse and I were on our date night this last Sat, my mom got out one of my old ballet outfits and Eve LOVED it!! She was dancing around my parent's house like a loon. She wanted to dance the "NeNe" dance several times (this song the Wiggles sing and dance to, don't ask why she calls it the NeNe dance). Anyway, they said they got pics and I will post them when I get them. I guess I always envisioned that if I had a daughter, she would dress up in my old ballet suits....it's just weird that it's happening already. Strange how life flies by and how what brings you happiness changes also. When my kids are happy, I'm happy. They have helped me learn to laugh at so many things I didn't even realize could be funny.

So now that my family and I are done hacking up the green goblins, I hope to post on here more often. Stay tuned ;o)

No comments: