Sunday, October 25, 2009

Warning: Spoiler alert!! Halloween costume preview!!

That's my little David boy dressed as....well David!! He's dressed as David the shepherd boy version. He'll also be toting a stuffed lion which he killed with his bare hands of course. And you can't forget the slingshot.....man! So many crafty things to do!! I love it!!! If you haven't ever made one of your kids' costumes, I highly recommend trying. It's so much more special to see them wear something that you constructed rather than an overpriced store-bought number. (Although they are cute too!)

I swear this boy smiles CONSTANTLY!!! I love him!!!


And here's my spunky little Eve Rene. No, she's not a woodland fairy, rather she is "Eve", the first woman. Although this costume may not be completely historically accurate, it's a good combination of fig leaf covering and girly girl cuteness. Notice the pomegranate detailing ;o) I just love tutu's, so any excuse to get her into one is good for me!! Oh, and I also made her a pomegranate candy bag out of left over red and green felt from last year's strawberry costume.




Here's a little review of the past two years of Halloween fun!

Eve and I at the 2007 Harvest Party. Eve is Dorothy and I am Glenda from the Wizard of Oz. I made my crown and wand and also Eve's pigtail headband. I always have to add something handmade into the mix or else costumes just aren't as fun!

Harvest Party 2008- We went with a "Harvest" theme. Farmer Jesse with his "crop". Eve made the most precious little strawberry ever!! I hand made both of our costumes which was super fun (and cheap). I used a t-shirt sleeve from my costume to make her strawberry had as well as "Yeow's" (Eve's kitty cat) matching costume. Can't forget Yeowser!! (his other name).
Yeowser in the flesh
And you can't forget the appearances made my Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin. They took first place in the adult costume category. Together of course.

No comments: