Thursday, August 13, 2009

Proud mommy moment

Today at the YMCA I had one of those moments when you realize that all the hard work you've been doing to teach your child something vital have paid off. As Jesse and I rounded the corner toward the childcare area at the Y to pick up the chillins we heard Miss Eve whining and almost in tears. There were two workers consulting each other on the issue and one said to the other "She said she has to go poo poo on the potty, but she's in a diaper so I'm not sure what to do." I gladly swiped her up and went to the bathroom which was locked. We had to wait about a minute for a family to finish and Eve was so antsy to go potty.



When we finally got her on the potty, she was so relieved and did her business. Her tears instantly turned into a smile as she proudly said "I went poo poo on the potty, I want yummies (gummy snacks) for poo poo on the potty!!" I was so happy that

a) Eve asked to go on the potty in a place she doesn't usually ask to go and

b) She clearly did not want to go on herself.



I was a proud mommy!! We have been working so hard with her. And come to think of it, we haven't had a poopy accident in several weeks. She's definitely on her way to big girl undies.



Oh, and I'm also proud of myself for getting off my bum and getting myself to the YMCA. It has been a long two months without getting my cardio on, but then again.....I wouldn't expect anyone to get their cardio on while feeling nauseated and exhausted all the time. Anyway, I'm BAAAACK!! And I'm gonna stick with it this pregnancy.....hopefully.

And today I got to hang out with some pretty cool gals and a gaggle of children!! Oh my!! It was fun and exhausting. I got home and was determined to get both the kids down for a nap. So after threatening a spanking, Eve napped for about 2 hours....she was very tired and obviously needed a little "motivation" for sleep. David went down with no trouble and then I put myself down for a much needed nap. It was so nice until David woke up about an hour later while I was in a deep sleep. Nothing like stomping up the stairs in a zombie-like state....wait a minute....that's what life is like with a newborn. Oh no!! I've got another one coming soon!! Eeeeeeeeeeek!!! Lord help me!

No comments: