Wednesday, July 15, 2009

MIM

Missing in Motherhood. That's what I've felt like lately. I haven't had much time or energy to blog. I did write this rather nice blog a while ago, but there was some error and it got deleted. So here's the update on the events of the last week:

Friday July 10th: I had my first ultrasound this pregnancy to confirm the dates. They said I am five days further along based on their predictions, but I know that at this stage of pregnancy, those predictions are accurate plus or minus about 5 days, so my due date could still be exactly the same. My original due date was January 27th (David's 1st birthday no less!), but it could be as early as January 22nd. And no we don't know the sex yet. We won't find out until about 20 weeks. At this stage, boy and girls all look the same and from what I hear they both look like they have little pee pees. And the thing sticking out of the stomach is the umbilical cord, NOT little boy stuff. Here is the picture:



Saturday, July 11th: Ocean Breeze day! I don't have any pictures from that day except the before and after picture in the van. It's pretty hilarious. Eve had lots of fun! Her favorite thing were these little bouncy seats that hung from a bungee so she could jump and splash in the water. Jesse, my dad, my mom, my brother, and his girlfriend Lauren all did the Hurricane. In my opinion that thing should be called the Flusher or the Toilet bowl because it shoots you down this pipe into a toilet bowl looking thing where you circle around until you get flushed out the bottom into an 8ft water pit. I would have loved to try this thing if I were not with child and therefore prohibited.

But seriously, I could have passed for not being pregnant. There were plenty of people walking around in bikinis that looked much more pregnant than I....and they were undoubtedly NOT pregnant. I try not to be judgemental about such things. I try to think "Christianly" thoughts, but I am still human.

We ran into Katy and her kiddos along with Karen and Teresa. We just came so we could crash Maya's birthday since we weren't invited. Just kidding guys!! I am totally not offended at all...I COMPLETELY understand ;o) But it was fun seeing them there. I got to sneak up behind Katy and pinch her butt...that was fun. Katy is so easily startled. I love it.

Here are the before and after pics of Eve:







And here's a random picture of what I saw when looking in the back seat. Where did she learn this?? I'm really confused.



Sunday, July 12th: David's baby dedication! Our Youth Pastor, Leon Dunning, who also happens to be good friends with us and actively involved in the Young Adults Ministry (YAMS) with us dedicated David. His lovely, super cute wife, Miranda Dunning, sang the song by Mark Harris called "Find Your Wings." So good!!! It was such a great moment. David was so cute. Cooing, smiling, and giggling the whole time. Here are some pictures we took after church:


Monday July 13th: Play date with MOPS moms and kids. I took just Eve over to my friend Lara's house way out in Deep Creek to play with three other kids outside in a kiddie pool. Eve had lots of fun minus slipping on the pavement about 5 times and pooping in her swimsuit. I thought I might try going without a swim diaper since she has never pooped in one. Wrong!! And not only that, she decided to go some more after she was naked and went into the play house and dropped a few. Fun!! Sorry Lara!!
So all in all, it has been an eventful weekend and Monday. Yesterday and the rest of the week I'm all about studying for COMPS on Monday. That test of looming over my head like little black rain cloud over Winnie the Pooh. I'd just like to press fast forward on all the NOT fun and stressful events in life. Please pray that I pass and don't have to retake it. OK, gotta get David, he's been cooing for about 10 min now.

No comments: